Friday, September 16, 2011

How I'd Prevent Bullying

I would make everyone agree to a consent form that they will not bully classmates. I would closely monitor the students that say they are being bullied to ensure their safety. We all under go bullying at some point in our lives, and we all wish that at some point someone would have helped us. There should be school consolers amongst our school life to talk and help out bullies. Most people that bully have a problem within their home life and take it out on fellow classmates when they get to school.
Bullying is a hard thing to prevent because many victims are afraid to come forward and admit their abuse. They feel that by telling an adult, it would only make their bullying problem worse. In order to tackle the bullying problem at hand you must first determine the bullies. There would be an extra teacher's aid monitoring the student's language within the class room. Those that exhibit hatred, foul language, and abusive words will be closely monitored. After that I'd wait to catch them in the act of bullying and send them to the school therapist.
Once at the school therapist they would figure out first hand what problem the bully is having. Once you figure out the source of the problem you can tackle it first hand. No child should be the victim of bullying no matter what they look like, talk like, or think like. Everyone deserves a positive and safe environment when away from home. I read an article about a boy that was murdered by his classmate for being gay. I think by using my methods at schools, it would prevent a lot of cases like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment