Monday, September 12, 2011

What are the dangers of Internet?

The dangers of using the internet are several different factors. For one, putting too much personal information can lead to identity theft, and/or physical harm. Once you start using the Internet, you put yourself out there to a point where anyone can look up your name and find out about you. For example, if I were to search my name, Olivia Fitzgerald, on google, I could easily find any social networking site I'm connected to. I can also find several pictures I have posted. Another reason the web is dangerous is because of the fact that there are many predators that lurk the Internet looking to take advantage of young kids. In short, the best way to use the Internet is to never put your real name, address, or credit card/social numbers on any sites. (Unless it is a corporate website.)

No comments:

Post a Comment